Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Nepalese Encounter

Well, when I sat down at the O'Hare airport this morning to charge my computer I didn't expect to start chatting with a native Nepali man. This was quite a surprise! But I have a hunch that the "unexpected" may happen more than I expect on this trip!

It turns out Ananta is an accounting student at the University in Dallas and was on his way home after a month-long visit to Nepal. After chatting a bit about English and academics, he mentioned that his father is a Nepalese professor at a university in Kathmandu. He generously offered his contact information and said his father would be happy to help me if I needed anything while in Nepal. This was after I had just told him I planned to study some Nepali while there for 3 months. I don't know that I'll need to contact his father, but you never know. What a generous offer and a fun encounter as I start my long-legged journey to Nepal!

1 comment:

  1. As Piper has said, "God is always doing 10,000 other things." And certainly, what a way to start the trip. He is up to something sounds so trite but it is certainly true! Praying for more of the unexpected! ~ Jamey & Amy

    ReplyDelete