Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Some Things I Love in Mozambique

As I sat down to write this blog, I was hoping to share with you a few pictures of where I live and some creatures I live with, but then the list turned into something more. My couple of pictures started a brainstorm of all the things I've enjoyed for the last 12 days in Mozambique. I'll spare you the whole list, but among the "things I love in Mozambique" are the warm weather, the landscape, the fruit, the interesting creatures (that don't crawl on me), the slower pace of life, and the company! Here are a few pictures to give you a sense of where I am:

I hadn't seen my cousin Dara in about 10 months, so it's been a joy to spend time with her every day. This is a picture of her living room.


These are pics of the landscape on the way to visit the "mission" where Dara volunteers. It's about 40 km from the city. 
Not sure if I "love" Lizzie Jr., but I find her quite amusing. She hangs out in my bedroom. I haven't seen her mama Lizzie in a while, but Jr. is about 3 inches long.
I just spotted Lizzie Jr. Jr. on my bed today. She is only about an inch long!

No comments:

Post a Comment